How to start weightlifting
Super short and simple starting guide for the folks who want to start weightlifting.
To get stronger and look better, you essentially need 3 things:
- Lift heavy weights
- Eat well
- Sleep enough
To get started:
Then, if you have access to gym with a barbell and a power rack (recommended!)
- Read about Fitness Basic Beginner Routine.
- Google for videos how to make the exercises from there with a proper form. Like "How to bench press with proper form".
- Go to Liftosaur, select "Basic Beginner Routine" program, and start training.
If you don't have access to gym with barbell, but at least have dumbbells of various weight and some sort of bench:
- Read about Dumbbell PPL program.
- Google for videos how to make the exercises from there with a proper form. Like "How to dumbbell chest press proper form".
- Go to Liftosaur, select "Dumbbell PPL" program, and start training.
That's it. It's that simple. Whole initial reading and videos watching would probably take like 1 hour. And then you'll spend around 40-60 minutes in gym about 3 times a week.